WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 11

Reflections on yesterday...
The last couple of days it's been getting harder to not make negative comments and to be more encouraging. Not that we've been having fights, just not especially encouraging and I haven't been holding my tongue at times when I should have. So today is going to be a new start for me. NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS, and I'm going to thank and build up my husband at every chance I can get. Y'all have any other motivators??

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

June 11--DAY 11

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." Eph. 5:22

Women who are constantly negative toward their husbands—especially by speaking evil of them to others—show great disrespect. Determine not to do that today (or ever!). This challenge to encourage is closely connected to submission.

Men respond to women who respect them. What do you respect about your husband? Part of that respect includes submission to his authority. Let your husband know how respecting him makes it easier to submit to his leadership. Show your respect in public by listening to him and smiling at him when he speaks. Place your hand in his as you walk together.

If you feel there is nothing to respect, search harder . . . nearly every man has some core characteristic that can be nurtured and respected. In any case, you must still cultivate a submissive spirit to his position of leadership . . ."as to the Lord."

I'm doing a study right now, along with my friend AmyD, called Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (you really should check it out if you haven't already), and it's all about how women need love and men need respect. The key Bible verse is this from Ephesians 5:33: Nevertheless, let each individual among you also love his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see to it that she respect her husband.

So what is respect?

re*spect (verb) [ri'spekt] : feeling deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements


What do I respect about Kevin? for being such a hard worker despite the challenges, for giving up things of his own because of needs of the family, for taking such good care of our family and his family back home, for being such an involved dad, for always being at our doctor appointments, for being flexible and willing to try new things, for still helping out around the house even at the end of a work day, for making good choices in life, for not being one to speak badly of another, for truly valuing friendship and marriage

Want to share what you respect about your husband? Leave your link below! Or if you don't have a blog, just leave your thoughts in the comments section!



2 comments:

Amy said...

I was feeling the same way this weekend. I've been having a hard time controlling my tongue. Must mean we're doing something right though. It seems that Satan works his hardest when Christians are on the right track.
I like that this challenge follows the same principles that we are learning in the bible study. It's great practice!

Amy said...

P.S. Am I supposed to link up every day, or just the one time? :-) Still getting the hang of the blogging world.