WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Family Bible Time

I was just reading Chapter 2 in my book A Mom After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. It's been a whole month since reading Chapter 1, so I'm slow moving through this book, even though it's really good. Anyway, I loved what I read yesterday and wanted to share a little excerpt:
"It's important to have a time that's set aside and scheduled for reading the Bible... Don't worry about what your children are or are not getting out of your Bible reading times. What they do get is the firsthand experience of seeing your love for the Bible and your wholehearted commitment to God and His Son. They'll realize God's Word is important to you...therefore it will become important to them." p. 59

What a great perspective! So inspiring to me! At the end of the chapter in the "Little Choices That Reap Big Blessings" section, the author suggests that you "Read from the Bible first... make sure the Bible is treated as the most important book they will hear or read." Eli isn't even 1 year old yet, but if I were to get out the Bible and read it every single day, he would come to know and recognize that book and that it's something special and important to his momma. Another thing on the list of "Little Choices" was to read Proverbs to your children because the purpose of Proverbs is "to give the young man knowledge and discretion." Solomon wrote it for his own son "to instruct him in the disciplines he would need throughout life." So already this morning at breakfast I started Chapter 1 of Proverbs.

Alright, well, that's all for now. Just wanted to share that tidbit for you! Click here to read my notes from Chapter 1 of A Mom After God's Own Heart.

No comments: