WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 21

Yesterday since it was rainy and Kevin wasn't in the mood to work on his Jeep, I took Eli and we went and ran errands on our own, allowing Kevin to lounge around the house or do whatever, just have time for himself. And last night I also did dishes for him so he didn't have to since he mentioned a few days ago how he doesn't really like it. But then two seconds later I was snapping about he didn't appreciate it. How selfish am I! So yeah, need to work on that. The challenge today says "Determine today that your words will be sweet and helpful," so I'm really going to try for that.

Oh and if you haven't already, check out some really great quotes I posted from The Power of a Praying Wife.

June 21--DAY 21

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Matt. 6:33

If we are living in light of eternity, everything we think, do or say is seen from an eternal perspective. We will someday give an account for our failure to speak words of love and encouragement. Determine today that your words will be sweet and helpful.

Does your husband have an eternal perspective that allows him to reject materialism and temporal values? Express your gratefulness for his value system, and praise him for putting eternal things before riches and other things of this world. If this is a problem area for him, consider how you might alter your own value system and live for eternity in front of him, encouraging him to do the same. Only two things will go into eternity . . . the Word of God and people. Be sure that you are focusing on the right things.

Prayer: God of renewal, everywhere your Holy Spirit breathes new life into creation. As I undertake this day to bring glory to you by honoring my husband, I ask you to be present in my marriage. Guide me to know in which things I should ask forgiveness, in which things I should change, and in which things I should ask for the grace to let go. Show me new ways to respect my husband today and open my eyes to all that you have made him to be. I trust in your goodness and in the covenant my husband and I made with you and each other on our wedding day. Through Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.*



No comments: