WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So glad you came to visit today! Here at my little corner of bloggy world I share a little bit about everything--family, parenting, goals, struggles, photography, recipes, n more! So curl up with a cup of hot tea {or not} and feel free to peruse around my site! Check out my sidebar for links. And come back again!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Husband Encouragement Challenge: DAY 10

Reflections on yesterday...
For the most part yesterday was just a normal day. I didn't really do the challenge about just listening and not talking. Oops! But it was a good day and we talked about important things. It was one of those lazy rainy days and we enjoyed just hanging out as a family all day.

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge
By Nancy Leigh DeMoss

June 10--DAY 10
We all crave appreciation. We want to know that we are valued and loved. Early love letters probably reflected our admiration, but if we're not careful, our spouse will forget why we were drawn to him. If you still have any of your old love letters, re-read them for clues to deepen your current level of appreciation for your spouse. When we spend time criticizing our husbands, we lose time that could be spent admiring them. As you consider various ways to encourage your husband, ask, "How can I admire him?"

Does your husband know that you think he is attractive? What was one of the characteristics in your husband that first drew you to him? Was it a physical characteristic, or something else?

Was it his gentle, compassionate eyes? Kindness or concern for others? An easy-going confidence? A steadiness that comes from trusting in the Lord? Strength of character in a culture that lacks integrity? Do you see at least a glimpse of that characteristic in him today? Whatever it is, tell him!

I have old diaries and little scrapbooks that I'm look through today and reflect on all those thoughts and feelings about when we first met and started dating. We met in high school--I was a sophomore and Kevin was a senior. He was handsome and just a genuinely nice guy. And when we started dating and I got to know him better, we found we had a lot in common. He always bought me flowers and planned fun things to do. We went to an air show, paddle boated on the lake, took a carriage ride through old city, had picnics. Those were my favorite things. And he was always so good to his family. And he's all of these things still today. He's still handsome, genuinely nice, fun, loving , and caring to his family. I love him!

Share your ideas by the leaving the link to your blog here...



3 comments:

Servant Becca said...

Oopppssss.... The husband encouragement challenge to listen to my husband showed me an area that needs some work. See more on my blog if ya' want...

Grace said...

Missed a few days, but I'm back! I hope everything is going well with you!

Anonymous said...

Encouragement- Well, about two months ago when I was cleaning out our closet I ran across old letters and a scrapbook I made. We exchanged several letters while Shawn was out to sea and they had too of been the sweetest letters. When you are away from your spouse a long period of time your love deepens. The homecomings were incredible. I do miss the homecomings b/c they are like a honeymoon all over again! You both are talking 90 to nothing about everything; you are so thrilled to see each other. You realize all the things you miss about him and what he did for you. You really pour your heart out, whether it was good or bad. I was drawn to Shawn because he was a Christian, sweet, handsome, well-rouded, great career and would do anything for me. We had some of the best dates when we were dating. We even made pottery once and still have it to this day. Like I said before I think its easy to just get comfortable, but I think this challenge has really helped me in different ways. It has made me realize a lot of things and get a new perspective on some things as well. Thanks, Sarah!